- Sen. Graham tweeted "I fully support the Trump administrations efforts to get NATO more involved in Syria to help Turkey defend Idlib against Russian/Syrian aggression. The fall of Idlib would be a humanitarian crisis for the world and would directly affect our European allies for that reason NATO should be more supportive of Turkey.
" View the tweet here. 03/03/20
- Sen. Graham tweeted "Very much appreciate what Turkey is doing to stand with the people of Idlib, Syria. It is time for the world, including the United States, to declare a no-fly zone over Idlib before the humanitarian crisis escalates.
" View the tweet here. 02/05/20
- Sen. Graham tweeted "Appreciate Turkey pushing back against Assad & Russia when it comes stopping the slaughter in Idlib. Strongly urge President Trump to rally the international community against Assad & Russias attacks and let them know all options are on the table." View the tweet here. 10/09/19
- Sen. Graham posted the following to Facebook: "Reverend Grahams statement about Turkeys invasion of Syria says it all. I join with Reverend Graham in praying for our Kurdish allies and our Christian brothers and sisters, who are facing Turkish tanks and war planes." View the Facebook post here. 10/07/19
- Sen. Graham tweeted "Just spoke to Sen @ChrisVanHollen about situation in Syria. We will introduce bipartisan sanctions against Turkey if they invade Syria and will call for their suspension from NATO if they attack Kurdish forces who assisted the U.S. in the destruction of the ISIS Caliphate." View the tweet here. 07/25/19
- Sen. Graham tweeted "It is my hope that we can have a stronger relationship with our allies in Turkey by discussing and negotiating a Free Trade Agreement. This will integrate our economies and be a Win-Win for both nations." View the tweet here. 02/21/19
- Sen. Graham posted the following to Facebook: "I applaud President Trumps decision to leave a small contingent of American forces in Syria as part of an international stabilizing force.
This will ensure ISIS does not return and Iran does not fill the vacuum that would have been left if we completely withdrew. This also ensures Turkey and SDF elements that helped us defeat ISIS will not go into conflict.
A safe zone in Syria made up of international forces is the best way to achieve our national security objectives of continuing to contain Iran, ensuring the enduring defeat of ISIS, protecting our Turkish allies, and securing the Turkish border with Syria.
With this decision, President Trump has decided to follow sound military advice. This decision will ensure that we will not repeat the mistakes of Iraq, in Syria. For a small fraction of the forces we have had in Syria, we can accomplish our national security objectives.
Well done Mr. President." View the Facebook post here. 12/24/18
- Sen. Graham tweeted "Relying on Turkey to destroy ISIS for the United States is a big mistake. Partnering with Turkey to destroy ISIS -and ensuring protection for the Kurds who fought so bravely - is a big win." View the tweet here. 12/21/18
- Sen. Graham tweeted "We will hold Turkey accountable for any actions to destroy Americas Kurdish allies who have fought so bravely against ISIS. If this happens we will, in my view, put Erdogan in the same category as MBS of Saudi Arabia." View the tweet here.