- Sen. Rubio tweeted "Senators Rubio, @SenatorRisch , @senrobportman, and @SenRonJohnson released a statement on the escalation of fighting between #Azerbaijan and #Armenia in the ethnic Armenian enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh." View the tweet here. 07/11/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "This is a deeply concerning move by Turkish President Receep Erdo?an to convert the historic Hagia Sophia in #Istanbul into a mosque. The Turkish government should reverse course on their decision.|Erdogan declares Hagia Sophia a mosque after Turkish court ruling https://reut.rs/3fjvlZT" View the tweet here. 06/19/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "Great to hear that #MehmetKanter, @EnesKanter's father, was released from a Turkish prison. Sen. Rubio reiterates his call for Pres. Erdogan to release all political prisoners in #Turkey & respect the basic rights of Turkish citizens.
" View the tweet here. 04/24/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "On the 105th anniversary of the #ArmenianGenocide, we remember the 1.5 million Armenians who were murdered at the hands of the Ottoman Empire." View the tweet here. 03/05/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "#Putin has never lived up to any agreement in #Syria & he wont honor this one either. He wants #AssadRegime in control of all of Syria #Erdogan wants control of buffer zone along border with #Turkey These two goals are irreconcilable" View the tweet here. 03/04/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "Situation in #Syria is getting more dangerous. #Russia should get #Assad to withdraw his forces encircling Turkish observation posts near #Idlib @NATO should provide #Turkey with Air Defense & Intelligence support & financia" View the tweet here. 03/04/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "In the end #Russia & #Turkey have conflicting & irreconcilable goals in #Syria. #Erdogan wants a buffer zone he controls in Northern #Syria #Putin wants Assad to control entire country & wont recognize Turkish military presence in #Idlib as legitimate" View the tweet here. 02/27/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "Re-upping my post from yesterday because today #Turkey suffered mass casualties after an air strike in #Syria. @NATO partner is on the verge of armed hostilities with #Russia." View the tweet here. 02/26/20
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "The prospects of a direct military confrontation between #Turkey & #Russia in #Syria are very high & increasing by the hour. #Erdogan is on the right side here. #Putin & #Assad are responsible for this horrific humanitarian catastrophe." View the tweet here. 10/16/19
- Sen. Rubio posted the following to Facebook: "It is difficult to reverse the long term damage thats been done to U.S. national security by this decision.
Senator Rubio has a warning if we allow the situation between Syria and Turkey to further deteriorate ?" View the Facebook post here. 06/03/19
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "#Erdogan agreeing to buy more U.S. imports would not mitigate the threat posed by #Turkey acquiring S-400 system from #Putin And why should U.S. cooperate with him anyways given he is actively undermining U.S. policy on #MaduroRegime in #Venezuela" View the tweet here. 05/08/19
- Sen. Rubio posted the following to Facebook: "Erdogan's govt keeps moving in an alarming direction by increasing its repression, jailing U.S. citizens, & eroding the rule of law & democratic norms. The U.S. should speak frankly about our concerns & review our relationship w/ Turkey.
Great piece by WSJ editorial board -->
https://www.wsj.com/articles/erdogans-obvious-insecurities-11557271086?mod=MorningEditorialReport&mod=&mod=djemMER_h" View the Facebook post here. 04/10/19
- Sen. Rubio posted the following to Facebook: "Proud to join Senators Cruz & Menendez & some of our colleagues in introducing a resolution affirming U.S. Recognition of the #ArmenianGenocide.
https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Press-Releases&id=DF754AE6-3A0E-4C47-860D-A7DEFBAAE2DB" View the Facebook post here. 04/09/19
- Sen. Rubio posted the following to Facebook: "Today I joined my colleagues in introducing legislation to defend American citizens and U.S. diplomatic staff from politically motivated prosecutions in #Turkey https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Press-Releases&id=DB2A16B7-56B7-4DDA-B94D-450D8F51C76F" View the Facebook post here. 02/10/19
- Sen. Rubio tweeted "Good to see that after years of silence, #Turkey rebukes #China for mass detention of Muslim #Uighurs. Will other nations in the region follow suit or continue to be cowed into silence by Chinese $?" View the tweet here.