- Sen. Scott tweeted "The US is right to take serious measures to hold Turkey accountable for their decision to cozy up to Russia.
If Turkey wants to be a member of @NATO they should think seriously about where their allegiance lies.|Exclusive: U.S. sanctions on Turkey over Russian defense system are imminent - sources http://reut.rs/3n7hWrU" View the tweet here. 12/05/20
- Sen. Scott tweeted ".@LindseyGrahamSC & @SenatorLankford are absolutely right.
Last year I introduced a resolution questioning Turkeys role in @NATO and to hold them accountable after their decision to cozy up to Moscow. We must do everything we can to protect our allies & our values worldwide.|Turkey needs to understand the consequences of its actions, write @LindseyGrahamSC and @SenatorLankford https://on.wsj.com/2VDd9lY" View the tweet here. 07/11/20
- Sen. Scott tweeted "I disagree with this move by Turkey.
The destruction of this heritage site, thats been shared by all faiths, shows Erdogan isnt focused on cooperation with the global community.|Hagia Sophia: UNESCO deeply regrets the decision of the Turkish authorities, made without prior discussion, and calls for the universal value of #WorldHeritage to be preserved.
Full statement: http://on.unesco.org/326mk2C" View the tweet here. 11/13/19
- Sen. Scott tweeted "Ill be at the White House today to meet with @RTErdogan. Its clear that Turkey's not acting like an ally. Theyre cozying up to Russia while still enjoying the protections of @NATO. Unless President Erdogan agrees to change course, Congress must consider taking further action." View the tweet here. 09/11/19
- Sen. Scott tweeted "Im very concerned about Turkey increasingly siding with Russia over @NATO, including purchasing a Russian air defense missile system.As Ive said, it's time for the Administration to place sanctions on Turkey. Its an important step to protect NATO and our national security." View the tweet here. 08/27/19
- Sen. Scott tweeted "Turkey's continued dealings with Russia present a clear threat to our national security. @SenToddYoung & I introduced a resolution to hold Turkey accountable. Its time for the administration to act and impose significant sanctions on Turkey. http://bit.ly/SRS_Turkey" View the tweet here. 07/22/19
- Sen. Scott tweeted "All Americans should be concerned about Turkeys recent dealings with Russia. @SenToddYoung & I proposed a resolution urging that sanctions be imposed on Turkey. " View the tweet here. 07/18/19
- Sen. Scott tweeted "Turkeys purchase of military systems from Russia threatens our national security & the stability of @NATO Today I introduced a resolution calling for strong sanctions against Turkey and a discussion among NATO member states about Turkeys future role. " View the tweet here.