The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) is the largest and most influential Armenian American grassroots political organization. Working in coordination with a network of offices, chapters and supporters throughout the United States and affiliated organizations around the world, the ANCA actively advances the concerns of the Armenian American community on a broad range of issues.
The main goals of the ANCA are:
- To foster public awareness in support of a free, united and independent Armenia;
- To influence and guide U.S. policy on matters of interest to the Armenian American community;
- To represent the collective Armenian American viewpoint on matters of public policy, while serving as liaison between the community and their elected officials.
The Armenian National Committee of America is active in a number of areas and engages in a wide variety of political and educational activities, including:
- Initiating legislation on issues of concern to the Armenian American community, such as strengthening Armenia as a secure, prosperous and democratic state; supporting Nagorno Karabagh’s right to self-determination and independence within secure borders; increasing U.S. aid levels to Armenia to promote economic and democratic development; securing direct U.S. aid to Nagorno Karabagh; ensuring the appropriate commemoration of the Armenian Genocide; and encouraging Turkey and Azerbaijan to lift their blockades and adhere to international standards for human rights and humanitarian practices.
- Participating in the American electoral process at the federal, state, and local levels by educating elected officials about Armenian American issues and providing Armenian American voters with up-to-date information about the positions of candidates on Armenian American concerns. The ANCA regularly endorses candidates, organizes voter registration drives, and distributes Candidate Questionnaires, Congressional Report Cards and Election Guides to Armenian American voters.
- Publishing congressional testimony, position papers, press releases, fact sheets, and regional newsletters.