The Armenian Genocide was the centrally planned and systematically executed deportation and murder of over 2 million Christian Armenians, Greeks, and Assyrians, perpetrated by the Ottoman Turkish Government from 1915-1923. Despite overwhelming documentation by historians and condemnation by over 25 countries worldwide, Turkey continues to enforce a gag-rule against truthful US reaffirmation of this crime.
ANCA Ask: President Obama should honor his campaign pledge to properly recognize the Armenian Genocide and Congress should enact legislation calling for a truthful and just resolution of this still unpunished crime.
- A historical overview of the Armenian Genocide
- US & International Affirmation of the Armenian Genocide
- Pending U.S. Legislation Regarding the Armenian Genocide
- Near East Relief and US Humanitarian Assistance to Armenian Genocide Survivors
- Armenian Genocide Education in the United States
- Additional Resources and Fact Sheet Regarding the Armenian Genocide