- Rep. Deutch tweeted "m very concerned by the Russia-Iran-Assad assault on Idlib & clashes between Turkey & Assad forces. The U.S. must act to de-escalate the conflict, prevent humanitarian crisis & impose penalties on those destabilizing Syria." View the tweet here. 01/15/20
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "I'm concerned by reports of new clashes in Libya. The Trump Admin. must work w/ our European allies & enhance diplomacy to end proxy war in Libya. If not, Turkey & Russia will shape Libyas future & Libyan people will continue to bear brunt of conflict." View the tweet here. 12/07/19
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "Shameful that the WH is recruiting Senators to block the Senate from acknowledging history and recognizing the Armenian genocide. The House voted 405-11 to adopt the resolution last month. This is not about politics, its about honoring the victims of genocide." View the tweet here. 10/29/19
- Rep. Deutch posted the following to Facebook: "This afternoon, the US House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide, rejecting efforts to deny it, and encouraging education and public understanding of the facts, including Americas role in the humanitarian relief effort.
The Armenian Genocide was one of the worst atrocities of the 20th century. More than 1.5 million Armenian men, women, and children were systematically murdered by the Ottoman Empire.
Unfortunately, in the years since this horrific tragedy, there have been efforts to deny the truth of this staggering crime, including strong efforts by the Turkish government to downplay the systematic execution of Armenians and block official recognitions by other countries.
For that reason, it is important that the United States officially recognize it, honor the victims and survivors, and encourage people to learn more about it and keep its memory alive.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-turkey-armenia-idUSKBN1X82LY" View the Facebook post here. 05/07/19
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "#Turkeys threats to drill in #Cyprus EEZ are a threat to peace and stability in the region. Such illegal actions harm US interests, values, and strategic partners, and I join @StateDeptand @HouseForeign in condemning them." View the tweet here.