- Rep. Deutch tweeted "I enjoyed meeting with @EnesKanter to discuss human rights globally, including in Turkey. Thank you for your friendship and advocacy!" View the tweet here. 07/21/21
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "Changing the status of Varosha is deeply concerning. Erdogan must stop interfering and working against international consensus." View the tweet here. 05/20/21
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "The House Bipartisan Task Force for Combating Antisemitism issued a joint statement condemning the recent antisemitic remarks of Turkey's President Erdogan, which are tantamount to blood libel against the Jewish people, and call on him to retract & renounce his remarks." View the tweet here. 05/19/21
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "Congress will not stand by as a world leader uses incendiary hate speech to fan the flames of violence against Jews.
As a co-chair of the House Bipartisan Task Force for Combating Antisemitism, I demand a full apology from Erdogan & global condemnation from other leaders." View the tweet here. 05/19/21
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "Thank you
for calling out antisemitism when you see it.
Turkish President Erdogan made highly-offensive attacks on Israelis, saying they "only are satisfied by sucking their blood."
It's beyond irresponsible; it's intentionally incendiary." View the tweet here. 05/19/21
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "President Erdogan's language is disgusting, evoking the antisemitic tropes that have been used for centuries & have long sparked violence and pogroms against Jews.
The US must never accept vile antisemitic comments from the leader of an American partner." View the tweet here. 04/26/21
- Rep. Deutch tweeted "I commend @POTUS Biden for officially recognizing the Armenian Genocide.
Yet over a century later some still minimize the Ottoman Empire's systematic execution of Armenians.
We must honor the victims & survivors, & we must keep its memory alive to prevent history from repeating" View the tweet here.