- Sen. Menendez tweeted "After dangerous and inexplicable delays, I am glad to see the Trump Admin finally impose long overdue sanctions on Turkey for its purchase of the S400 as required under the CAATSA law." View the tweet here. 12/03/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Incredibly proud to have helped secure inclusion of a provision in the NDAA to do what President Trump refused to do: Officially determine on behalf of the U.S. govt that #Turkey took delivery of Russian S-400 defense systems and therefore will be sanctioned under existing law." View the tweet here. 11/18/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Standingas I always have alongside the #ArmenianAmerican community in New Jersey and across our country who have experienced terrible losses in recent weeks due to the devastation inflicted on the region by Azerbaijani President Aliyev, with the full support of Turkey." View the tweet here. 11/18/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "The U.S. must immediately suspend the provision of defense articles to Turkey and Azerbaijan. We cannot and must not enable any future atrocities by either of these authoritarian countries." View the tweet here. 11/18/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "The Admin must follow the law. It should not waive Section 907 of the Freedom Support Act, which states that Azerbaijan should "cease all blockades and other offensive uses of force" against #Armenia and #NagornoKarabakh as a condition to receive U.S. assistance." View the tweet here. 11/18/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Turkeys aggression in this conflict must be addressed. Under Erdogan, Turkey has engaged in unbridled aggression outside of its borders, in violation of NATOs founding principles and international norms." View the tweet here. 10/21/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "The Library of Congress will formally recognize the Armenian genocide in its records!
I pushed for this w/ @SenateDems, which reflects scholarly & Congressional consensus. This is another victory for those who value the truth & believe in the importance of the words #NeverAgain.|#BREAKING: @RepAdamSchiff, (D-CA), @FrankPallone (D-NJ), @RepGusBilirakis (R-FL), @RepSpeier (D-CA), & @repdinatitus (D-NV) announced that the @librarycongress will recognize the Armenian Genocide by amending the catalog entry which previously referred to the Armenian massacre." View the tweet here. 10/16/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Todays test by Turkey of the Russian-made S-400 air defense system is a stark reminder that Ankara is not deterred by simple meek pleas coming from the Trump administration. Erdogan only responds to actions, not words." View the tweet here. 10/16/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "The CAATSA mandate is clear and the Trump Admin must follow the law. Turkey must be sanctioned immediately for its purchase and use of this system.
Read my full statement:" View the tweet here. 10/02/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Glad to lead @SenateDems in calling on Sec Pompeo to directly engage with leaders in Turkey, Azerbaijan, & Armenia in support of an immediate cease-fire and a return to talks. In the mean time, the Trump Admin must immediately suspend U.S. security assistance to Azerbaijan." View the tweet here. 09/27/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "I strongly condemn Azerbaijans attack on Nagorno Karabakh, yet another act of aggression supported by Turkey. The Trump Administration should suspend security assistance to Azerbaijan and engage through the OSCE Minsk Group to bring about a ceasefire." View the tweet here. 09/21/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Wishing a very happy Armenian Independence Day to everyone in New Jerseys Armenian-American community celebrating!" View the tweet here. 07/22/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Lets be crystal clearthe only country disputing these waters is Turkey. These waters belong to Greece, and the State Department must unequivocally and publicly recognize that Turkey alone is responsible for the tension over them." View the tweet here. 07/10/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "I strongly denounce #Turkeys decision to convert Hagia Sophia into a mosque. I urge Erdogan to reverse course and restore Hagia Sophias remarkable legacy as a museum for people of all faiths and cultures to visit." View the tweet here. 07/01/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Omruzak Omarkulyev was arrested after creating an informal Turkmenistan students club while studying abroad in Turkey. Hes reportedly been sentenced to 20 yrs in prison on unknown charges. @freedomnoworg
criticized the lack of transparency & political motivation in his case. Iskandar Khudaiberganov has been serving a life sentence since 2002 for terrorism, murder, & attempting to overthrow the constitutional order. @HRW
says his conviction was based on confessions obtained under torture and witness statements later retracted in court. Akrom Malikov, a researcher at a university in Uzbekistan, was detained on extremism charges for allegedly writing articles for the opposition Peoples Movement. He was convicted of plotting to overthrow the government. @HRW describes the charges as politically-motivated. These 10 people have been unjustly detained for too long. Amid #COVID19, releasing them is an even more urgent issue. Thats why I, along with 11 of my Senate colleagues, sent letters to the Central Asian presidents urging them to release those detained for peaceful activism NOW." View the tweet here. 06/11/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Turkey's conviction of U.S. consulate employee Metin Topuz with no credible evidence is a grave miscarriage of justice.The decision should be reversed. President Trump must step up and defend our local embassy staff in #Turkey and around the world." View the tweet here. 04/24/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Honored to join everyone in NJ and around the world in commemorating the 105th anniversary of the #ArmenianGenocide. This year, the Trump Admin should follow the Senates lead in recognizing this tragedy as what it was: a genocide. Read my full statement:" View the tweet here. 03/08/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Turkish journalist Aysenur Parildak has been held in prison since 2016, accused of terrorism-related offenses because of her work for the newspaper Zaman. She was questioned for eight days straight, sexually harassed, and beaten. A court has denied her appeal for early release.
" View the tweet here. 02/20/20
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Turkey had the chance to get Patriot missiles and chose to align with Putin instead. Maybe they can use their S-400s to defend Idlib against Russias betrayal." View the tweet here. 12/12/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "BREAKING: Our resolution to recognize and commemorate the #ArmenianGenocide just passed the United States Senate." View the tweet here. 12/12/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Today, by passing my #ArmenianGenocide resolution, the Senate finally stood up to confirm history: What happened in Armenia was most assuredly genocide.There is no other word for it. There is no euphemism. There is no avoiding it." View the tweet here. 12/12/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "To those in the Armenian communityI promised I wouldnt stop fighting until this day came. Thank you for your nonstop support and advocacy." View the tweet here. 12/12/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "On @DSenFloor for the 4th time to call for unanimous consent for the passage of my #ArmenianGenocide resolution." View the tweet here. 12/11/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Turkeys actions over the past year are truly beyond the pale. This bill makes clear to #Turkey that its behavior with respect to #Syria is unacceptable, and its purchase of the S400 system is untenable." View the tweet here. 12/05/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "On the floor to call for unanimous consent for a resolution that commemorates the #ArmenianGenocide." View the tweet here. 12/05/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "The #ArmenianGenocide happened. It is a fact.
To deny that is to deny one of the monstrous acts of history. This denial is a stain on the Senate and on our country.
We have an opportunity today to right that wrong & to put the United States Senate on the right side of history." View the tweet here. 12/05/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "If Superman himself can get behind recognizing the #ArmenianGenocide, why cant the White House and their Republican allies in Congress?|Hi @SenKevinCramer hoping that you won't block the bill today on the Armenian Genocide recognition, my friend. twitter.com/SenKevinCramer
" View the tweet here. 12/05/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Ill be on the Senate floor every week until we recognize the #ArmenianGenocide.
History is watching and it will not look kindly on those who object to recognizing it." View the tweet here. 12/05/19
- Sen. Menendez posted the following to Facebook: "On the floor to call for unanimous consent for a resolution that commemorates the #ArmenianGenocide.
The Armenian genocide happened. It is a fact. To deny that is to deny one of the monstrous acts of history. This denial is a stain on the Senate and on our country. We have an opportunity today to right that wrong and to put the United States Senate on the right side of history." View the Facebook post here. 11/14/19
- Sen. Menendez posted the following to Facebook: "Genocide is genocide. In order to prevent the atrocities of the future, we must recognize and commemorate those of the past.
In every session of Congress since 2006, Ive introduced or cosponsored legislation affirming the facts of the Armenian Genocide.
Despite yesterdays objection to my resolution, I wont stop fighting until the Senate finally recognizes this historical fact.
#ArmenianGenocide #SRes150" View the Facebook post here. 11/13/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "When President Trump welcomes Turkish President Erdogan to the White House today, he will be welcoming a known authoritarian, human rights abuser and friend to Putin whose behavior increasingly runs counter to the interests of the United States and our allies." View the tweet here. 11/05/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "And lets not forget that Turkeys lobbyists are currently fighting AGAINST Senate passage of my resolution recognizing the Armenian genocide. Genocide is genocide. Those who deny it are complicit in a terrible lie. Erdogans incursion into Syria was an unconscionable act of brutality. The consequences of these actions by Turkey and its proxies will persist for years to comeand pose a direct threat to U.S. national security interests. There must be a full accounting by Turkey of these atrocities. That is why Im today introducing an expedited resolution of request for the Secretary of State to inform the Senate in 30 days of the extent of Turkeys human rights abuses in Syria." View the tweet here. 11/05/19
- Sen. Menendez posted the following to Facebook: "Its time to challenge Erdogan to live up to NATOs values and to respect the international order. It's time to stop enabling Turkey to be a bad actor. It's time for the Senate to act.
We can start with my Eastern Mediterranean Security and Energy Partnership Act, which supports the trilateral partnership of Israel, Greece, and Cyprus, and my Promoting American National Security and Preventing the Resurgence of ISIS Act, which would impose targeted sanctions on Turkey for its actions in Syria." View the Facebook post here. 10/31/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Genocide is genocide. 104 years after the Armenian Genocide, its vital we recommit ourselves to its commemoration and reject all forms of its denial. Kudos to the House for passing legislation to recognize the #ArmenianGenocide. The Senate must take action to do the same." View the tweet here. 10/31/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "The House did the right thing by passing a resolution that recognizes the Armenian genocide. The Senate resolution led by myself and @SenTedCruz has 20+ cosponsors. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee and full Senate must immediately pass this important legislation." View the tweet here. 10/16/19
- Sen. Menendez posted the following to Facebook: "BREAKING: The House just passed our measure condemning Pres. Trumps decision allowing the Turkish military to attack Americas Syrian Kurdish partners. ? This joint resolution calls for Turkey to immediately cease military operations in Northeast Syria and for the U.S. government to continue humanitarian assistance for Syrian Kurdish communities, who are facing an outsized share of harm from President Trump's reckless decision.
Read more: http://bit.ly/32lS5Ce" View the Facebook post here. 07/23/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "US foreign policy is most effective when done in a bipartisan way. Despite broad support for sanctions on Turkey for buying Russian missile systems, Pres. Trump insists on keeping Dems out of the loop. We're urging him to do the right thing & impose sanctions." View the tweet here. 07/12/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "Terrible decision by Erdogan. This is a watershed moment that requires real consequences. The Trump Admin must: 1) Follow the law and sanction #Turkey, as required by CAATSA 2) Remove Turkey from the F35 program to ensure an American F35 jet is never parked next to a Russian S400" View the tweet here. 05/03/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "From Turkey to the Philippines, Venezuela to Sudan, governments around the world are trying to silence the press. But the threat to press freedom isnt limited to foreign landsits something weve had to increasingly contend with here in the U.S. #WorldPressFreedomDay" View the tweet here. 04/09/19
- Sen. Menendez tweeted "By the end of the year, Turkey will have either a F-35 advanced fighter aircraft on its soil or a Russian S-400 surface-to-air missile defense system. It will not have both." View the tweet here.